Homeowners understand the basic fact that our homes are a reflection of ourselves. So when we meet with our home builder to begin designing our dream home, we must consider the impact today’s decisions will have on tomorrow. And if we wisely choose a timeless design, we set ourselves up for decades of enjoyment in a space we call home.
What we build defines us, and a classic home declares beauty, heritage, and warmth to all who enter its walls. Smart home designs stay relevant and have timeless appeal. But what is it that makes a timeless home design? How can you and your home builder design elements that will last for years to come? The following are some ideas to consider with your home builder as you walk through the decision-making process.
Highly functional floor plans
– Floor plans that support the way we live are timeless. They are functional, yet not boring. They endure changes in our lifestyle that are bound to come when we live in our home throughout the many seasons of life. They have classic proportions and are physically pleasing and functional. Timeless floor plans are often open, providing areas for the family to eat and enjoy life together. Large kitchens and great rooms are common. Timeless floor plan designs are long-lasting—so for variety, simply change the window coverings, wallpaper, or upholstery.
Traditional, not trendy, design
– Timeless design provides simplicity that is easily personalized with accents. Elements of traditional home designs don’t rely on today’s trends. Trendy design comes in and goes out constantly. It’s far less expensive to create traditional spaces that stay in style.
A traditional fireplace is always appealing and brings genuineness to your home’s timeless look. It is a great example of a tradition without trendy flair. It brings warmth physically and provides the perfect backdrop for classy or casual gatherings in the home.
Likewise, a chandelier brings timeless class to your home. It’s a must for the traditional, timeless look you desire. Chandeliers range in size from small to large, and with their adjustable chains, they accommodate various ceiling heights. They are used in various rooms of the home, and add enduring elegance to your home’s spaces.
Essential (not fad) lighting
– Classic lighting elements in every room can be functional, sensible, and beautiful. LED shines as the popular choice above other luminaries because of its improved output, budget friendly price, and low maintenance features. Home builders often choose LED lights not only for the present, but also their future value. Almost all LED luminaries have built-in dimming and color controls.
While fixture choice is important, a fixture’s function is even more important. When it’s time to choose light fixtures, decide on a few basics first: What style preferences do you have when it comes to light fixtures? Do you prefer canned lighting, lighting fixtures, or a combination of the two for your home?
Enduring natural elements
– Timeless home designs have simple exteriors with character and style often made of brick or stone. They are sophisticated and elegant. Durable natural elements like brick and stone lasts decades. A home that is timeless utilizes natural resources inside and outside. Wood, stone, brick, and natural fibers such as cotton are all timeless choices.
Classic colors never grow old
– Neutrals are classic, adaptable, and outlast trendy choices. They create a sense of overall balance and order while bringing subtle beauty and warmth to a home. Neutral colors accentuate a space without overpowering it. Timeless design often incorporates bright white ceiling moldings, door frames and doors to accent beige, gray, and off-white walls.
Trendy colors don’t stand the test of time. They come in and go out of style quickly, so instead of painting with these faddish tints, incorporate them into your accents and accessories, which are easily changed.
Ready to build? Parker Built Homes is here to help!
Here’s how our planning process works:
We consult with you about your goals.
We develop a detailed concept.
We design a set of plans.
We create a build strategy.
We build your home.
Parker Built Homes is a custom home builder specializing in unique new home construction in Tulsa, Northeast Oklahoma, and Northwest Arkansas. We love the challenge of helping
people like you build the perfect home. Call us today at 918-992-4788 for a free consultation, and together, let’s make your dreams come true!